Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's the Little Things

Yes, I love watching my students progress and succeed.  But sometimes it's the little things that you really love.  For example, yesterday I sent an email about the Quarter 3 tuition payment being due on 1-24, and that afternoon a parent sent a check.  Another parent sent a check this morning.  In a few weeks, I'll be grumbling about the people that haven't paid yet, but today it makes me happy that 2 people took care of it immediately.

Today, I sent an email asking for some information from the students and in less than half an hour, the first student had responded.  Next week I'll be asking most students in person because high school kids just don't check email (even though I've asked them too), but this student checked and responded today.    I just received two other responses, still close to the half hour mark.  These are the kind of students that should ask me to write a recommendation letter.

And in a little over 6 minutes, this performance refocused my work.  Maybe I should clarify:  the amount of time spent listening was little.  The demands of the song and the artistry of the performers were anything but little.





No comments:

Post a Comment