Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pianists

As singers, we frequently discuss our favorite singers, past and present. Doing all the listening that I have been, I've once again been reminded how important the person sitting at the piano is. I don't care if you call them collaborative pianists or accompanists, as long as you realize how important they are and what they bring to a performance.

I've served in both roles, and yes, I do mean served. It's not about us. We're merely there as vehicles for the music. Last week I helped out a co-worker by playing for his audition DVD. I had forgotten the joy of being on that side of the piano. I still think he could have used someone whose technique was stronger, but I so appreciated the opportunity to be part of that wonderful music making.

And now to the point of the whole post--I love Gerald Moore! I think he and I could have worked beautifully together.

So, now is your chance to comment and let me know that someone really does read this.

I've often thought about which people from history I would most like to meet. Today the questions are about musicians.

What pianist from the past (must be dead or retired) would you most like to work with?

Is there a conductor from the past that you would like to work with?


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment