Sunday, November 1, 2009

Practice journal 10/31/09

After cleaning most of the house and doing the grocery shopping, I really felt too tired to practice, but I went to school to try anyway. The warm up took longer than usual since I was tight and tired, but I finally got things loosened up and had a fairly porductive practice.

The interesting thing was that An die Nachtigall and Die Mainacht worked pretty well, while the others that have been good were only OK. An die Nachtigall was better than it's been in a long time. It was more comfortable and much more fluid. I hope I can keep that for my session with Ruth on Monday.

On the other hand, I seem to have lost the magic of O kuhler Wald. It wasn't bad, but it didn't sound or feel like it had lately.

One of the things that is frustrating for me is that with my allergies and fibromyalgia, it seems like I have a different voice every day. It's hard to find any consistentcy. Since it's constantly in flux, I can't really go for the same sound or even the same physical sensations that I had in a previous session. The only thing I really can do is make sure that the vowels are placed high and everything stays loose. If I can achieve that, I usually like the sound, even if it feels and sound different than the last time I practiced.

I love writing. It really helps me to clarify and work out my issues. I was frustrated over the lack of consistency, but in writing, reminded myself of the solution. Love it when that happens!

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment