Sunday, October 11, 2009

Practice journal 10/10/09 & 10/11/09

Yesterday I just did gentle warmups and listening. I was very tense, so I mostly focused on loosening that tension.

Today I did more listening. I can't find a recording of Ich trage meine Minne that I really like. I did find 3 that I like parts of, so I'll be listening to those. On iTunes, the clip they played for most of the songs was the middle section. Why does nearly everyone think that they need to yell the high note? On so many of the recordings it just seems pushed and strident. I guess I know what to work on avoiding.

I also read through all the words to the Brahms, Strauss, and Puccini. I need to remember to leave one of the copies of the Debussy at home so I can review and study it here.


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment