Saturday, July 20, 2013

Music Lists and Easy Rebates on Sheet Music Plus

For years I have been getting mailings from Sheet Music Plus telling me about their Easy Rebates Program. And I would keep them in my "think about it" pile and then eventually they would end up in recycle.  For one thing, Easy Rebates gives you 8% back (plus there are still shipping costs) and the place where I do my local shopping gives me 10% off.  Amazon also seemed to have better deals, especially when they qualified for Free Shipping.  I wanted my students to be able to get the best possible price, so I often just gave them a link to Amazon.

That is changing.  I finally just decided to sign up for Easy Rebates.  I might not make any money, but a little bit is better than nothing.  I added a banner on my blog.  When people click that link to get to Sheet Music Plus and then they buy something, I qualify for the rebate.  I changed things on my Resources page of my MTH site so that Sheet Music Plus (with my special "make me money" link) is the easiest of the places to find for ordering music.

All that was good.  I was opening things up for potential income, but I wasn't expecting anything.  Then I discovered that even if I don't make any money at this, I'm still going to keep using their system for making music lists.  I love it!  I can make a list very quickly and easily that contains just the books that I want a particular student to purchase.  It doesn't take me any longer to do than it did to search amazon and then cut and paste the link into a student's lesson notes.  Sheet Music Plus gives me a special link just to that particular music list and I include in with lesson notes.  I tell students that they are welcome to look other places, but all the info they need about the books (title, cost, publisher, etc.) is easily accessed when they click on the link.  Why should I feel bad if they choose to go this easy route rather than doing some searching on their own to find the best deal available?   It's not my job to do their shopping.

I'm very excited about this feature of their program.  I've used it a couple of times already and hope that it will make everything easier this fall.  I'll let you know in a few months how things are going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment