Thursday, September 10, 2009

Practice Journal 9/10/09

The really long post below about Die Mainacht totally counts as practice time.

I also had a good practice session after work. For warm-ups I did some of the vocalises that I want to use with my students this year. I chose them because they are easy to do on solfege, but doing them, I realized that done right, they are really great technical exercises. I hope the kids like them.

I worked a little on Verzagen and once again remembered the if the consonants are not on the pitch, that "was weinest du" is not good.

I worked the second half of Die Nachtigall and then spend way too long online looking up info about the nightingale and its symbolism. Cool stuff. I'll report more on that when I've read through all the stuff I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment