Saturday, September 12, 2009

Practice Journal 9/12/09

I was hoping to do a little practing at school tonight, but because of the marching band event, parking was crazy, so I skipped it.

I did listen a little this morning and tonight I read through the nightingale research. My job now is to figure out what Holty thought and knew about nightingales. For example, they use to think that it was the female that sang, but we now know it is the male singing to attract a mate. When did we figure this out? What mythology and other literary references did Holty know about? I can't remember Holty's dates. Did he know the Keats "Ode..."? What did Brahms know? More fun stuff to think about.

I'm going to write out the text tonight while I watch a movie and see how close I can get to memorized. Yes, this really does help me and it's a fun way to multi-task.

No comments:

Post a Comment