Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why I keep doing these practice journals

If you've been reading this blog over the last couple of weeks, you're probably wondering why I continue to post about my pathetic practice attempts. Shouldn't I be horribly embarrassed? I post because I want my students to know (and I want to remind myself) that:
1. I know it's hard to find the time and energy to practice.
2. I know that even a little bit keeps me moving in the right direction.
3. I know that there are days that I don't think I have what it takes mentally or physically to practice, but when I try, sometimes I have major break throughs and insights.
4. I know that there are wonderful moments and I want to remember those.
5. I know that showing up is half the battle.

So, if the post looks short and boring, feel free to skip it; it probably wasn't one of my good days. But, I will keep posting and when those wonderful moments come, I'll keep sharing. I also have several great blog ideas that I hope to get to soon. I don't intend for JMR Voice Notes to be just about my practicing or lack thereof).

No comments:

Post a Comment