Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Practice Journal 9/1/09

Today I didn't get a chance to practice until after I finished teaching at 6:30, so I was already pretty tired to start with. I decided to work on O kuhler Wald (yes, I know there is an umlaut, but I'm not sure how to insert it here) and see if I could solidify the memorization. My allergies are bugging me, so it wasn't a great day for singing, but I did work on some technical issues as I worked on the memorization. Although the original key is usually better for my voice, today a couple places felt uncomfortable, so I worked them in the higher key to loosen them up a bit. I still haven't found my tempo for this piece yet. I like it slow, but I'm having trouble keeping the forward motion.

I also worked a little more on the long phrase of Die Mainacht. It's coming, but there is still a lot of work to do before I will feel comfortable performing that piece.

I was surprised that even though I didn't feel well tonight, once I started practicing, I was able to do more than I expected.

I also listened to a couple of different recordings of O kuhler Wald.

No comments:

Post a Comment